Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

End of summer blues


Well here I am, back in France. My welcome home party included a leaky toilet, a broken refrigerator and a tax bill. What cold water to be thrown on my summer fun. I spent 5 whole weeks disconnected and relishing in the worst americana possible: chain stores, road trips, junk foods, cheesy pop music. Ashamed to say I loved every second of it.
It's almost time to figure out what's going on this year: meetings, classes, job opportunities, future plans, apointments, apointments, apointments. I see fog everywhere. Disconnection carries a price. For now it's a massive clean-up operation on my apartment, calls and e-mails galore, papers, organization of undeniable chaos, and unpacking that suitcase. Which order? Oh, my achy head.
Two bises to everyone and bonne rentrée!

Copyright 2012 Merquiades

4 comments:

  1. Come on!!!Where are you dude? I miss you!!!
    I want to come and live in France. What city, village you recommend now that you know how things run there? Can you enlighten the readers on this?
    Thanks a lot and looking to read from you!
    Happy Christmas and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, J. I'd definitely recommend the south no hesitation, Nice, Montpelier, Toulouse. Sorry, I haven't been too inspired to write lately. It's just a passing moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my friend, allow me, please, to call you that, I really appreciate your experience in France and your writings fit into my interest since I want to come and reside there. Please, can you give some advice? Yes, I would like to settle in one or around these places, Nice, Montpellier, Toulouse. Would you give some practical advice? My biggest fear is to arrive there and not to be able to find a place to settle; collocation for first. I've tried leboncoin.fr, but I've got no feedback.
    Thanks dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised you got no feedback from leboncoin.fr. People live in the present here so if you say you might be coming in a few months, they might assume you won't. My advice is to look for the job before you move. Don't rely on letters either. You might need to call them. Then it should be easier to find a place to live because you can say you are working there. You'll probably need a job for a carte de sejour anyway.

    ReplyDelete